Why You Should Uninstall Avast SecureLine VPN
While surfing various technical forums, one may notice that people often ask questions about how to disable and remove Avast SecureLine VPN. The reason for this tendency is simple: when buying a paid version of Avast antivirus, the user often chooses the option of “full” installation, which automatically entails the installation of additional software, including VPN, on the device. Whether such a marketing strategy is appropriate is a moot point. In any case, customers may still want to remove redundant software that they did not intend to install, especially considering that, after the trial period, Avast SecureLine VPN switches to paid mode. This article will help you better understand how to do this.
How to Cancel Avast subscription – Step-by-Step
It is important to remember that Avast SecureLine VPN is not just a piece of free software but a service that works on a subscription basis. Naturally, by simply removing the program from the device, the person will not solve the problem. To stop using Avast VPN, it is necessary to unsubscribe from this service. In turn, the algorithms of actions in this aspect differ slightly depending on the operating system that the person uses.
Cancel Avast VPN Subscription on Android
If you want to remove Avast VPN from a device that runs on the Android operating system, follow this set of steps:
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Click on the menu button (indicated by three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the display).
- Select the “Subscriptions” category.
- In the list of subscriptions, select Avast SecureLine VPN.
- Click “cancel subscription.”
- To complete the cancellation, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
The algorithm for terminating Avast subscription on iOS is similar to that applicable to Android-based devices. However, it has several specific nuances. To unsubscribe, the user must take the following steps:
- Go to the App Store.
- Click on the profile photo located in the upper right corner of the display.
- Select the “Subscriptions” option.
- Select Avast SecureLine VPN in the list of subscriptions and click “Cancel Subscription.”
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the cancellation.
On Windows 10 and 7
You can unsubscribe from Avast SecureLine VPN on the Windows-based device in one of two ways: through a VPN account and the Client Portal. In the first case, you must take the following steps:
- Through the browser, reach the official Avast website and go to the Avast SecureLine VPN subscription page.
- Select your subscription and click the “Unsubscribe” button.
- Unsubscribe from the auto-renewal option as well.
- Click “Confirm” and follow the further instructions that appear on the screen.
How to request a refund from Avast
If the Avast subscription is canceled during the trial period, no money will be withdrawn from the user. However, if the trial period has already expired, the subscription will be terminated at the end of the current billing cycle. In the second situation, the person may want to receive a refund from Avast, especially if he or she did not intend to install the software in the first place. To request a refund, you need to do the following:
- Visit the official Avast website.
- Log in to the “Support” page (the button leading to it is located in the screen’s upper right corner).
- Click on the “Refund Request” option.
- Enter all the necessary information and follow further instructions.
In order to request a refund for a product, a person must know its Order ID. This information is contained in the confirmation email sent to the user the moment he or she purchases an Avast product.
With all the information provided above, a person can cancel the Avast SecureLine VPN subscription quickly and easily.
More information on RusVPN.