Link building is the process of acquiring links from other websites to your own site and is the number one ranking factor used by Google. Link building has become a major aspect of search engine optimisation (SEO) and is extremely beneficial to your digital marketing campaign. Whether you’re new to link building or have been doing this for a while it’s a good idea to complete a digital marketing course to learn how link building will benefit your website.
Link building is continually evolving, and you have to adapt to quickly to its rules to stay ahead in your digital marketing campaign.
Website ranking and back links
It stands to reason that a website will not achieve ranking without inbound links, but why is this so important. Well, the main reason is that Google said it’s their number one ranking factor and it’s through these links that Google discovers your website.
Safari SEO in Sydney state it’s a good idea to aim for f ‘high’ quality links, even if you get fewer of them, then for too many low-quality links that do not add value, as weak links will not help your ranking at all.
All links are not equal
You need to carefully consider the value of your links once you start a link building campaign, as all links are not equal. Where links are concerned, content is king. Make you links packed with relevant content and your target audience will enjoy being exposed to this great content and your website traffic will undoubtedly increase.
The Google algorithm
In 2014 Google launch their Google Penguin algorithm, which changed the way link building was done. This algorithm changed everything and now, in 2019 link building is carried out in a different way and is much more of skill which takes a bit of time to perfect.
In 2019 when starting your link building as part of your SEO, it’s best to get links from high authority sites, quality sites and relevant sites. Diversity in your link building plays a huge role in the modern form of SEO. For proper link building, you should check SEO Newcastle under Lyme. They help you in each and every aspect of digital marketing including link building.
Link building benefits
If your digital marketing campaign is to succeed you need to understand link building as the landscape of SEO and link building is always changing.
As part of your SEO and digital marketing campaign link building can bring many benefits, such as:
- Increased traffic from other websites to your own site.
- Higher visibility
- Your website will be seen as a valuable resource when receiving high quality incoming links.
- Link building is a crucial aspect of SEO
- Better search engine results.
Ways of link building
Link building can be done through varied strategies such as the importance of writing interesting and valuable content, which cannot be stressed enough. To compliment your great content, it’s a good idea to have infographics as well as short and mind-grabbing videos.
Tips for effective link building
When link building is part of your SEO campaign it can be very effective in your overall digital marketing campaign. It’s a great way to draw more traffic to your website, but it can be tricky process as Google gets ever smarter when determining your website’s ranking.
Here are a few tips to ensure your link building works well in your SEO campaign:
- Create internal links – Be careful not to create too many internal links and make sure they are relevant and have the option to navigate to another page on your site.
- Guest blog – Never guest blog on unrelated topics or platforms and keep the best guest blog business practices in mind. When done correctly writing guest blogs can add value to your site.
- Get feedback from clients – It can be helpful to ask your customers for a relevant link to your website, perhaps as a reference in a case study as an example.
- Reviews – Getting good reviews on sites like Facebook are extremely valuable as links to your website can be included in these reviews.
- Write great content – Consider what your competitors are writing about and write the best article ever on the same subject. Add visuals to bring your content alive.