With new innovations such as artificial intelligence, automation, 3D printing, blockchain, and more, the tech industry is booming and many people are throwing their hat in the ring when it comes to producing an industry conference.
When organizing the event, the selection of a great tech speaker plays an essential role in the whole process. These experts are going to help to set the tone of the function and make it memorable to your audience. Therefore it is important that you take the time to fine someone who fits your overall theme and objective so that your attendees are left with a good impression.
However, whenever you are selecting a speaker, you are going to have many considerations to choose from. There are thousands of individuals that you will be able to choose from which means that is it going to be important that you invest some time in getting clear about what qualities you are looking for before you begin your search.
The selection process can depend on a variety of things including their behavior, messaging, experience, pricing, delivery, and way of connecting with your audience. If you choose the wrong speaker, then you run the risk of damaging your reputation. Therefore make sure you educate yourself to ensure that you find the right professional.
Here are some things worth considering:
What makes a good guest speaker?
It is better to spend some time on the selection of event speakers as one mistake can ruin all of your reputations in the event. Before, coming into the checklist. Let me mention that what makes a good guest speaker?
According to the Coaching Institute, the speaker should be capable of educating the audience in a way so that they leave the conference with actionable insights. The speaker should have the ability to not only engage but make the audience participates in some manner. However, still, it depends upon the event you are going to organize.
Following are the key points of any good speaker:
- Attract attendees
- Engage an audience
- Reinforce key event themes
- Entertain an audience
- Educate audiences
- Inspire audiences and drive positive change
- Provide fresh insight and perspective on event-related topics
- Provide actions and motivational takeaways
Choosing the right guest speaker checklist
You now need to decide if they fit in your requirements and are right for your event. To make this selection easy for you, here are some things you should do:
1. See them in action: It is evident that if you don’t see anyone in live performance, then it would be difficult to judge their performance. I prefer watching their previous event videos. It is an excellent way to choose the right speaker for the event.
2. Visit their websites: I know sometimes the websites of the speakers are misleading. They show something, and in the real, they are something. Still, prefer checking the list of events the speaker has done in the past via their websites.
3. Check their slideshares on Linkedin: Most of the professional speakers shares their slideshares of the event and information about the events. It will help you to judge the mental part of the speaker via their presentations.
4. Check out their social media profiles: The best way to anyone in this world is via their social media profiles. Everyone updates their daily schedule and work routine in their Instagram or twitter profile most of the time. Moreover, It can also give you a brief about any past events of the speaker and also how successful the event was.
5. References: Email some of the people in your contacts to see if they have ever heard of the speaker you are interested in hiring.
Producing an industry conference can be a great experience so long as you make the right decisions. One of the main decisions you will need to make is deciding on the speaker you want to hire. Make sure you invest enough time in finding the right person who meets your objectives.